Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Crazy Fun Sunday Night...

So... as many people (ok, anybody that counts) know, the NFL started up this weekend. I am a huge Philadelphia sports fan and an even bigger Eagles fan. So, opening weekend is one of my favorite weekends of the year. Couple that with the fact that I had Phils/Mets tickets for Saturday night and I really was having trouble containing myself.

And... that's where the logistical nightmare begins. On Saturday night, it rained cats and dogs and it was pretty much a given that the game would be called off. So, the makeup game would most likely be earlier in the day on Sunday (right when the Eagles play). Since I'm a bigger Eagles fan than I am Phillies, I had to see the Eagles opener. So... I decided to switch my tickets out for the Phils closing game at Shea in NYC at 8:00 pm.

So... I live in Lancaster/Reading area in PA. For those out of the area, that is a rough/long train ride at that time of night (Amtrak doesn't run that late and you are left to regional lines). Anyhow, long story short. I watched the Eagles game in Trenton near the train station and got really, really, really loaded. Then, I took a train to Penn Station and a train to Shea. 3 hours and a Phillies loss later, I was on my way home (at midnight). Ugh.

I ended up sleeping in Manayunk at 3:30 in the morning (my Aunt's house) and taking a half day of work. Then, on Monday, I went to sleep at 9:00 and didn't get up until 7:00. What a weekend. I'm DEFINITELY not as young as I used to be. But, boy was it fun.

No comments: