Monday, June 30, 2008

Crash and Burn

On Saturday, I went out for a 5 mile "fast" run as part of my 5k training plan. I felt pretty beat from the 8 x 400 earlier in the week. And because of the way that I was able to fit in the training, I actually didn't have a rest day since then. So... surprisingly, it didn't go very well. Ok, who am I kidding? I'm not surprised in the least.

I was able to get 2 miles in before I started to fall to pieces. Another quarter mile later I was ready to fall over. So... I stopped. That's right, I'm not afraid to admit it, I stopped. It was hot, my legs were trashed and I decided to listen to my body (for once). I'm happier today because of it too... (that's what I'm telling myself as I lay awake at night thinking about it)

Run recap- 2.37 miles, 20:50, 8:48 pace

No comments: