Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Age Group Award, Really?!!

I'm sure you'll all recall (because you memorize everything that I post) that I left the Pottstown 5k that I ran on the 4th of July before they sorted out the awards. It was a real messy scene that included the race organizer berating everyone for the races mistake in not putting names on the pull-off thingy on the race bib.

Anyhow, since I never win anything anyway and I wanted to get back to the fam... I left. Well, doesn't it figure, I actually placed in my age group!! There's a first time for everything I guess. I got third place in the 25-29 age group with a time of 22:53. My wife called me yesterday while I was in DC for work and gave me the news that the award above arrived in the mail! Sweet!

Now all I have to figure out is how to be as obnoxious as possible (I've already started this mission) about winning this. You'll likely be hearing more chatter from me about this award in the near (and distant) future. My apologies in advance.

4 comments:

stevespeirs said...

Excellent news! The first of many I predict...

April said...

Way to go! And that is one spectacular and patriotic award!

KristenCHealy said...

How cool is that? You deserve to engage in a bit of bragging. Congratulations!

Nitmos said...

Yes, yes...lord this over everyone's head. That's what awards are for...humiliating others.

Congratulations.