Thursday, July 31, 2008

My first 100 mile month of the year....

After today's lunch time run, I will have my first 100 mile month of the year in. I was supposed to put in 106 and I should be there by now. But, life happens and I'm gonna have to close out 100 miles on the last possible day.

Two things I've learned this month (my first of my second marathon training)...

1. It's never as bad as it seems. Just keep running. Don't worry about missing here or missing there.
2. Year 2 is easier and harder all at the same time. It's easier because I can handle 5 days a week now (where I was only doing 4 days last year). It's harder because I feel like the expectations are higher for this marathon. I wanted to run sub 4 hours last year. But, it was just a "want". This year, I REALLY want to run sub 4 and might have a chance at it. So, I'm definitely putting more pressure on myself.

I also was able to get two good runs in on Tuesday and Wednesday. I ran on Tuesday night after I got home from DC and really put the pedal to the medal.

Run recap Tuesday- 3.07 miles, 26:30, 8:38 pace

Then, Justin and I went for a 6 miler yesterday in the heat and humidity over lunch. Yikes. I wanted to quit at 3, but Justin convinced me to push on. I'm glad for that because now I don't have to run 6 today. Sweet.

Run recap Wednesday- 6 miles, 1:01:00, 10:10 pace

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great man I am happy for you.

It sucks though. I followed up my 100 miles last month with 50 this month...and I am watching my marathon slip away as each day goes by.

Eric Gervase said...

Thanks man... you'll be running soon. It's too early to bail on the marathon. But, if you gots to... you gots to.

Anonymous said...

Oh I am not bailing yet...just feeling sorry for myself :)