Monday, July 21, 2008

5/11

No, that's not how tall I am (6'1" if you are curious). That is the total miles to planned miles ratio for Sunday's LSD that I completed. Long story short, I saved my run for the evening to avoid the murderous weather.... And, I had a little stomach malfunction. It was humid, I don't normally eat before I run (I usually run long in the morning before I eat) and I have stomach issues to begin with.

So, at the 2 mile mark, I took a "break" at the golf course along my run. Then, at the 5 mile point, I decided to throw in the towel. Unbelievably, my stomach was acting up again just 3 miles later... On top of that, thunder and lightning were just beginning and it was a fitting end anyway. But, without the storm, I was done anyway. I think it was just happy coincidence and a nice conscience release.

Run recap- 5 miles, 49:24, 9:53

No comments: