Saturday, April 12, 2008

And.... I fall flat on my face

Not literally... But, I ran yesterday and was supposed to go for 5 miles. Instead, I accidentally cut out one of the streets I was going to run on (pre-planned from RunningAhead). Then, I decided it was ok, I'd only run 4 miles. Then, I was completely trashed at about the 3 mile mark and I decided it would be ok if I walked the final mile of the "run". So.... after running 3.25 of a 5 mile run, I completely gave up.

Now, I rationalize this by saying that I obviously wasn't feeling great and they would be junk miles anyway. But, I can't help but feel like a huge sissy. Looking back, I had two days in a row where I was up before 5 am (very unusual for me). So, that could be getting to me. In the end, I've got 12 miles that I would like to negative split tomorrow. So... that's probably more important. But, damn. I seriously bailed on a 5 mile run? I barely recognize this guy...

Run recap- 3.26 miles, 29:44, 9:08 pace

3 comments:

KristenCHealy said...

Hey, it's okay to take a break once in a while if that's what your body is telling you to do. I'm sure you'll run well on your 12-miler tomorrow, if last week's 10-miler is any indication.

Bill said...

If your body is telling you that you are very fatigued, (whatever the reason: sleep, stress, over-training) it is totally ok to stop. I have stopped 1/4 mile into an interval workout and just gone home when my body wasn't showing me the love.

I hope you are feeling better tomorrow.

Eric Gervase said...

Hey k... Thanks for stopping by. My mind tells me that you're right. My pride tells me that I am a big wuss.

Bill... You're totally right. I'm pretty wooped from this training. Glad to get my last LSD in today.