Saturday, December 22, 2007

7 windy, cold miles

My wife and 6 of her friends are staying in NYC tonight and exploring the city together today. I'm sure they are going to have a blast. That said, I am spending the day with my daughter, Sophia. I don't get to do this very often, so it is welcome bonding time. My wife stays home with my daughter during the week and I work longer hours than I should sometimes. So.... I love the time I get with her, however seldom that happens.

But, I'm also a stubborn runner. So, that means that I got up at 6 am to go for a long run this morning before my wife left. It was cold and dark (32 degrees and no sun). And, the entire second half of the run (although brighter) was really cold and windy. I didn't sleep very well last night. So, I did not want to get up this morning when 6 am came around. But, I somehow convinced myself.. and now I'm really glad I did. My reward....? A day of shopping for Christmas for my wife with my daughter in tow. Should be fun.

Run recap- 7.02 miles, 1:08:17, 9:43 pace

No comments: