Tuesday, November 6, 2007

On the road to recovery... I think

With my first orthopedic appointment looming, I decided to toast the occasion with a bike ride. So, I took on my second ride of the week... this time for 30 minutes (to be exact 31:20). I got most of the way through the ride with no ill effects. But, my left foot started to exhaust by the end of the ride. Other than that, it wasn't too bad. In fact, it felt great to get outside and get a brisk, sweaty workout in. I've felt pretty lazy/inactive since the marathon and it felt good to get moving again. I think the bike riding will be able to keep me occupied in the interim until my feet feel good enough to run again.

Official stats: 31:20 and 6.51 miles (avg. 4:49 miles). I have no idea what this means, but I figure I should measure it in case this biking lasts longer that I hope it has to.

No comments: