Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Busier and Busier...

Well, this is obvious... You sign up for a triathlon, your training schedule gets busy. But, it is quite a bit busier than I was anticipating. Throw in there soccer on Wednesday nights and it's down right nuts. Eh... I will get through it and all. But, I feel like I'm always working out. There is rarely a time where I just "have the day off". In fact, I'm not sure there is ever a day that I don't have something going on.

Where does that leave me? 15 pounds down and 5 to go I guess. That's cool. And, I've picked up a new fun workout (swimming) that adds new challenges that I really never had before. So, that's fun and new. The soccer is also a blast. I've been wanting to get back into soccer for a couple years now. And I'm hoping by 3-4 games in to feel somewhat comfortable out there. But... very busy, very busy. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable if I wasn't though.

3 comments:

StangLuvr said...

I know the busy feeling. I am getting up at 5am to run to train for my 1st marathon. After that, I have work, church duties, and 2 kids to take care of. When my wife is working, I play dad and mom. Now, softball and baseball is getting ready to start and I help coach both!!!! Fun, Fun, Fun. Hang in there though, it will be worth it.

KristenCHealy said...

Congratulations on your weight loss - and it's great that you're enjoying swimming so much! That's what stops me from training for a tri - I can swim okay, but I just don't like getting into cold water. (Yes, I'm a wimp).

Eric Gervase said...

Glad to know that I'm not the only one losing control. Yikes.

The water is not THAT cold where I go. But, I understand. I tell you what though. I know I'm getting a good workout and it's not pounding me to death.