Monday, December 29, 2008

Runner's World, The Loop

Ok, so Runner's World has started using Pluck to organize a more dynamic social community around their forums that they have dubbed "The Loop". I like the idea... because us runner's are a pretty social people. We enjoy hearing other people's stories about training and how to get faster... We are also, as I've heard Marcus say on several occasions, a self-documenting society. So... it makes a lot of sense.

However, I'm looking at the blog functionality on "The Loop" and it basically requires me to start a new blog. I'm wondering if there is a way to port what I am doing here directly into "The Loop". Admittedly, I haven't spent a lot of time trying to figure it out. But, it's not jumping out at me.

I do like how it pulls together all the activities of a certain "user" in one place. So, you can see comments, blog posts, add friends, upload photos, etc... But, the look and feel leaves something to be desired. It's just not terribly attractive.

Well... anyway, if anyone has the community capital to pull something like this off, I would guess Runner's World is as good as any. But, I'm hoping there is bigger and better to come.

No comments: