Sunday, February 10, 2008

Weigh in, week 8

If I could say one thing for this 8 week weight loss plan, it's that it took my mind off of being injured and allowed me to move forward with out losing too much momentum. That said, I got nowhere near my goal and am kinda disappointed by that. I've put my last weigh in below. But, before I get to that... Here's what I think I achieved overall:
  1. Like I already said, focus in a tough period of time (through my injury)
  2. A better understanding of the patterns of my body. I paid much more attention to my weight and it's cycles over the last 8 weeks.
  3. I didn't gain weight through the Christmas/New Year break
  4. Pushing past the plateau (I had hovered around 198-200 for about 6 months)
  5. A couple pounds of weight loss (2-3 on average)
Although it won't be reflected in my final weigh in, I am now hovering between 194-196. I started the program hovering between 198-200. So, that's progress, however minimal. I'm happy I did it and a little disappointed that I didn't make more of it. But, it's not like I'm going anywhere. This is a way of life now. So, no big deal.

One thing I did learn... I need to cut back my caloric intake on the weekends. I was using Saturday as a "cheat" day. All too often, it spilled into Sunday. Another thing I was thinking... Maybe I should have one weekend a month that doesn't include a cheat day. I think that will keep the progress coming.

Weigh in- 197.2

No comments: