Saturday, February 23, 2008

No long run this week...

I've been in Florida since Wednesday and I'm sitting in the airport typing this waiting for my plane to arrive. So... I haven't seen my wife or daughter for a couple of days. I also got word that my daughter was very disrupted this week with me gone. It sounds like she really missed me. The first night she slept fine. Every night since, she has woken up in the middle of the night calling for me. That, my friends, breaks my heart. I will get in very late tonight and have tomorrow to spend with Sophie and Meliss (and the dogs). Then, I'll be right back out the door for Boston on Monday (till late Wednesday).

So... What does this have to do with my long run this week? I decided while I was at the hotel killing time that I was going to run today instead of tomorrow. Since I raced the day before and I was extremely drained from a long week, I decided to can the full 6 miles. I didn't decide this until I was 10 minutes into my run on the treadmill. I don't know how people do long distances on the treadmill. Anyhow, this is going to be a down week for me. I ended up running 3 miles and calling it a day. I am totally wooped at this point. And, if I ran my long run tomorrow, I wouldn't get as much time in with the family. Easy choice in my opinion.

I can not wait to see Sophie and Meliss... Too bad Sophie is going to be asleep when I get home. So will Meliss, but at least we sleep in the same bed. Can't wait to be home.

Run recap- 3 miles, 30:00, 10:00 pace

1 comment:

stevespeirs said...

Sounds like a tough week, but putting family before training is 100% spot on. Wise choice! Don't think of it as a down week - you've achieved a lot and can definitely build upon it...

Safe trip to Boston,

--Steve