Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I'm further intrigued...

I have given quite a bit of thought to the idea of putting on a 5k race since the meeting yesterday. Despite the naysayers... I'm still very curious and hopeful. I ran into a lot of people that were giving advice on various message boards that didn't think I would make money the first year. That's fine. If that is going to be the case, I don't want to do it at all. I don't have that kind of patience. The other thing that I have found is that everyone's solution is corporate America, not participants. I know that story very well. So... I am putting on my thinking cap and trying to figure out who my "friends in high places" are. I think I have a very good idea of how to sell the race (to be divulged later) to potential sponsors.

So... my job in the next month is to secure some meetings with local corporations that would have some money to spend on community outreach, wellness and marketing. I have some ideas... But, I need to cultivate them now.

I also got a run in today over lunch. It was cold and windy and not all that much fun. But, I did it. So... there's that.

Run recap- 28:58, 3.5 miles, 8:17 pace

No comments: