Friday, January 18, 2008

On my way?

It's strange... my foot is feeling progressively better. It's funny what a little rest will do. I do think there is something bio-mechanical causing my foot problems. But, I think that reduced miles for a little while will get me healthy. I still think I need an orthotic (and I'll find out shortly), but I also think I need to be smarter. I've been running for almost a year now and I'm just starting to get a feel for it. I've had my first bout of runner's ignorance and I'm going to try not to go back there. I'm sure it's only a matter of time, but it's worth a shot.

On the workout front, Meliss and I went to the Y tonight and I got in 30 minutes on the treadmill. I'm gonna try to do 3 runs a week of no more than 3 miles each time until my foot is totally healed. After all... it's important to be healthy for Spring racing.

Run recap- 3 miles, 30:00, 10:00 pace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice man, glad to hear you are feeling good!

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Hi Eric,

I like what you say about a bout with runner's ignorance. Seems like I've spent months of several years there.

Good luck bouncing back and achieving your goals.

Consider joining us at Runners' Lounge, an on-line running community.

Keep up the good running and posting!

Tom

www.runnerslounge.com