Monday, December 24, 2007

Hot water and a broken run...

I've been battling with my hot water heater for the past week or so. First, we (my dad and I) replaced both elements in the water heater. Then, we replaced the water heater all together. I was still only getting warm water, not hot. I did some reading on the Internet and thought I had the answer (there is a mixing valve connected to the hot and cold pipes going into the heater). But, after a week of messing around with the heater, I finally decided to call a professional. He came in and confirmed my suspicion and fixed it in less than 40 minutes. So, that was an expensive mixing valve (water heater, element and service call later).

Anyhow, this is running related too. I went on my 3 mile run this morning with the chance of the plumber coming while I was on the run. I decided I was being stupid to go on my run when I had a plumber possibly on the way. So, I cut off my run after 12 minutes. Then, proceeded to wait 2 hours until he got here. I should've just finished the run. Then, after he left, I went and ran the final 18 minutes of my run. It was tough... but I think that had something to do with the wind. Anyhow, Merry Christmas everyone. I've got three, 4 mile runs and a 5 mile run left this week. I hope to just maintain my weight this week and lose again next week.

Run recap- 3.23 miles, 30:22, 9:23 pace

No comments: