Saturday, February 7, 2009

The "Triathlon" Went Well...

I thought it was going to be much worse than it was. It turns out the toughest part of the whole thing was waking up at 5:00 am. Other than that, it went pretty well. I started it off with a spin class and man those classes kill me. I'm not sure, but it feels like everyone is staring at me the entire time I'm in there. Everybody seems so into biking/spin who goes to those things.

Then, I went swimming on my own... The pool was pretty packed, but I was able to squeeze in and get my laps in. I'm actually getting pretty close to the full distance. I did 250, 100, 250, 100 again and it wasn't that bad (and that is immediately after doing spin). I plan to do 300, 100, 300 the next time I get in the pool. Amazing how quickly this is coming along. I can't wait to start focusing on speed... but, one thing at a time here.

Then, I went on a lunch time run of 4 miles with Justin and Mallory. This kinda sucked, but it's not like we were going slow or something. So... I'm pretty impressed. I made it through the adventure without too much trouble. I'm not saying that I'm going to be fast, but this tri isn't as scary all of a sudden. It's still a number of months away. But, I'm really starting to get excited about it. I hope this energy for it continues!!

3 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Those 5am starts are tough. :)

Sounds like a great day.

Sarah said...

What could you possibly be doing to make everyone stare? You're wearing clothes aren't you?

Eric Gervase said...

Everybody that is in those classes seems like they are so into biking/spinning and they are all chummy with each other. I'm there in regular shorts and a tshirt, no biking shoes... I'm the outcast :)