Friday, January 2, 2009

Well... I haven't drowned...

I swam for the second time today and felt a little bit more comfortable. I'm not swimming for time yet or even worried about how many laps I'm doing. I'm just trying to get used to it all. The breathing seemed a little more normal. But, still not right. I think I'll get more and more comfortable, the more I do it. I think I need to slow my pace down until I get my breathing right too. Otherwise, I'm going to be stopping every time I get done with one length of the pool.

I also ran around the short track at the gym (yuck). But, it was nice to run and swim in the same workout. I also shot some hoops in between all of that. Did I mention that I LOVE the new gym? Having a lot of fun so far. I really think this is the change of pace I needed.

1 comment:

Andrew is getting fit said...

I found that it took me about 2 months to get my breathing right when I first started running. Maybe swimming is the same?