Sunday, January 11, 2009

Another week, another pound

It was a busy week this week followed by another busy one this coming week (off to NYC and Boston). But, I've really taken to this "DailyPlate" diet. I've been working out as consistently as before (ok, add swimming a bit), but the difference in the weight loss and commitment to eating well is amazing. I'm not blowing doors off the weight loss. But, I am continuing to eat well and lose weight.

This week, I lost another pound for a total of 4 in two weeks. I'm down to 201. And, not coincidentally, I am shooting for two pounds weight loss a week (which is exactly where I'm at so far). I've tried and tried over the last year or more to get back into eating well to lose the last 10-15 pounds (actually 20 at the beginning of this most recent attempt). Don't get me wrong, I'm not uncomfortable where I'm at now... I just want more.

So... this last two weeks leaves me feeling awfully optimistic of my chances to get to 185. And, I think I'm gonna be lean and mean by the time the triathlon comes.

7 comments:

RunToTheFinish said...

Man a pound is a pound in my book and I'm always glad to see it go!

Andrew is getting fit said...

I think we're at very similar places with both the weight and the desire for more.

Way to go on the loss.

Eric Gervase said...

Yeah... a pound is a pound is right.

Andrew... We are definitely in similar places. We've both already made strides. Now's the time to finish it off!

Oz Runner said...

what is the daily plate diet?

I've been hanging around 200 for a while, but would like to get down to 185 too...

Eric Gervase said...

Here's a post I wrote about it. It's a calorie logging website. It's working for me.

http://stubbornrunning.blogspot.com/2009/01/1-week-of-thedailyplate.html

stevespeirs said...

nice work - keep it going. sounds like you've got the momentum going...

Eric Gervase said...

Thanks buddy... I'm really starting to feel like it's gonna happen in the near future.