Friday, July 11, 2008

First Week of Marathon Training...

At the end of this week, I will have put in 25 miles. That's not a scary number to me in any way shape or form. But, surprisingly, it's been quite some time since I've hit that number. So, that's a good thing. I feel healthy and ready to tackle "the distance". But, I am feeling a little apprehensive about the increased intensity of the plan. I would guess that by week 5 I will have a better handle on whether it's too much or not.

I got a 5 and 3 miler in this week. They were both pretty good runs. I also have to figure out how/when to fit in a 5 mile pace workout between two days of driving to Maine. It's either going to happen tonight when I get to the hotel in Mass... Or, tomorrow morning when I wake up.

Run recaps
Wednesday- 5 miles, 46:37, 9:20 pace
Thursday- 3 miles, 27:42, 9:14 pace

No comments: